|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The basic function is to assist the Construction Manager in the flow of work by scheduling of the workflow of all field personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are requirements representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum company job standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding that “The customer is our first priority” and that each employee is here to support that priority.
- To assist the Construction Manager in developing a work environment that fosters an individual employee’s growth, with team spirit, and the “I want to be a part of the company attitude”.
- To communicate with the customer in a professional manner regarding all details of scheduling specific job task(s).
- To track the progress of jobs to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- To organize multiple jobs in multiple stages.
- To schedule and maintain all safety class/training schedules and requirements.
- To assist with the collecting and review of field personnel weekly time sheets.
- To facilitate the reserving, renting and return of rental equipment needed on specific jobs.
- To prepare an update for job status for jobs at weekly job meetings.
- Data entry as required or requested.
- Assist in updating company files and records as requested.
- Office housekeeping duties as requested or designated.
- Attend weekly job meetings as required.
- Any other duty or task assigned by the Construction Manager.
- MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- The Scheduler of the company shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- That all jobs are scheduled, performed and completed in a timely fashion that instills customer confidence in the company.
- That all reports are completed accurately and by the requested time.
- That the schedule is maintained in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
- That all employees, customers and the Construction Manager are promptly notified of any schedule changes.
- That all assigned duties are completed on time and as requested.
- There are no complaints from customers as to the courtesy and professionalism regarding the communication with the Scheduler.
- The Scheduler’s responsibilities are being performed in an organized, timely and efficient manner in the opinion of the Construction Manager.
- That in the Construction Manager’s opinion the Scheduler is satisfactorily working as a team player with the other employees of the company
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Training in Excel, Word, Scheduling Training.
Prefer 2 or more years previous experience in a position involving scheduling of tasks and performing the following functions: daily scheduling of multiple employees on multiple jobs, weekly forecasting of scheduling opportunities, working directly with customers on scheduling of work and personnel, communicating with code officials on scheduling inspections, data entry and preparing various types of reports as it relates to specific jobs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple construction crews to schedule daily tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with all co-workers including salesmen, purchasing agent, shop personnel and management to facilitate the flow of work needed to be done.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks to facilitate work load to include scheduling of personnel, equipment, travel and lodge accommodations, and sub-labor.
- Ability to use a computer and work with and or learn various types of software including Microsoft. (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to be organized and flexible in response to customer demands, employee absences, weather conditions affecting scheduled jobs and respond to common inquiries or concerns from customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic math and accounting calculations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time. The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching. The employee must have command of the following senses: sight, hearing and touch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.