|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Join the Advanced Energy Team!
Advanced Energy is a nonprofit energy consulting firm. We work with electric utilities, government and a wide variety of public and private organizations in the residential, commercial and industrial, solar, motors and drives and electric vehicle markets. Our customized services include research, testing, training, consulting and program design.
This position will provide engineering and/or technical services in the energy field to utilities, industrial customers, commercial customers, institutions, federal and state agencies, and other customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in energy data analysis and statistical modeling.
Engineering and/or Technical Support
- Apply calculations, algorithms, and/or modeling to estimate savings of individual energy efficiency and demand response measures in residential and commercial buildings
- Perform Evaluation, Measurement and Verification (EM&V) for measures and programs using protocols, standards and industry best practices
- Perform necessary statistical analysis on datasets to determine savings or trends
- Provide engineering, process and/or economic analysis and present concise results of recommendations for improvements to customers
- Design research studies and pilots using a statistically relevant sample of data and provide recommendations for our clients based on the findings
- Acquire data from field metering, lab instruments or utility meters and process into useful information
- Conduct site assessments at customer facilities to identify opportunities for energy efficiency, demand response, or beneficial electrification
- Perform onsite pre-/post-retrofit project field inspections as needed and provide hands on assistance in deploying new technologies in the field
- Prepare reports and documentation with analysis, results, and recommendations for further action
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients. Clarify and evaluate technical aspects of service requests from customers
- Conduct workshops and presentations and/or present technical papers that highlight our capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant technical field such as physics, engineering technology, mathematics, and/or or environmental science required
- Three to five years relevant technical work experience required with strong background in energy and economic data analysis. Relevant would include:
- In the manufacturing environment or facilities operations
- At a utility plant or for an energy utility provider
- As an energy efficiency and demand side management consultant or energy systems engineering and design professional
- Experience with regression analysis and other statistical modeling required
- Preferred to have experience working with electric utilities
- Preferred to have energy modeling experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.